Web, Desktop and Network Applications
- Hands-on IT Professional with 13+ years experience providing technology solutions and progressive leadership.
- Proven organizational and task management skills, managing operational day-to-day IT functions and administration.
- Strong work ethic.
- Cross-functional IT skills.
- Enjoy working with others yet self-motivated and able to complete independent tasks.
- Proven to effectively work and interact with all levels of personnel from Executive Managers to interns.
- Driven and dedicated to providing quality technical service, IT direction and solutions.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical problem solving skills, yet open and flexible enough to recognize unique opportunities and provide creative solutions.
- Continually strive to gain and maintain working knowledge of current and emerging technologies and able to quickly adapt to changing conditions.
- Engineered and developed in-house network and desktop applications, utilities and tools to solve problems, simplify and efficiently complete routine tasks, support critical business needs and improve productivity and workflow process.
- NetCentral â€“ a desktop application developed to centralize distributed network resources – networkÂ shares, document management, and application access – provide presence management, newsÂ feeds, and messaging.
- Master Blaster – a CAN-Spam compliant commercial bulk emailer. Written in C# and supporting import of mailing lists compatible with Outlook, CisionPoint, and UPS. Other features include logging, blacklisting, WYSIWYG and HTML source editor, configurable and persistent user controls and settings.
- Itinerator – C# application generates client itineraries using outlook/exchange calendars as a data source.
- Cision Vision – C# taskbar checkin/checkout application providing real time availability notifications and status of accounts shared across internal teams.
- Supported and developed the company website since 2000 including code and platform migrations powered by ASP, ASP.Net with custom CMS and finally PHP with WordPress providing CMS and contributer access.
- Managed companyâ€™s internet and social media accounts, content development, and SEO, assigning tasks and deadlines to content contributors.
2000 â€“ 2002: Web Master / Developer
2002 â€“ 2006: Director of IT
2006 â€“ 2010: CIO
2010 â€“ Present: Vice President / CIO
- Managed all registrations, services and hosting for all domain names providing Name Server and DNS records management.
- Ownership of company web site and internet properties.
- Developed business applications and utilities to improve productivity and efficiency in performing day-to-day tasks and job responsibilities.
- Worked directly with owner and executive management (COO, CFO) to help shape and define business strategy and planning in areas of Technology, Finance, Services, Operations, Administration, Sales and Client Solutions.
- Provided a supporting role in Finance and AP
- Business Process Analysis. Made recommendations for improvements, enhancements or new approaches.
- Developed Internet, content, and lead generation strategies combining web design/development, SEO, social media and content development. Recent developments include integrating CRM and Lead Generation Process and Automation.
- Developed successful relationships and worked closely with IT vendors to evaluate and qualify service needs, negotiate licensing and contract terms.
- Qualified and executed selected open source solutions with virtualization, reducing IT operating expenses.
- Monitored, managed and serviced all network hardware, software and services, maintaining network uptime and availability.
Contract / Freelance / Consultant (Self)
2008 â€“ Present
- Outsource, contract and general assistance-as-needed services including
- Web services: development, design, guidance and training, social media.
- Information Technology: infrastructure support, troubleshooting and repair, software installs and upgrades, consulting.
Current Projects and Learning Exercises
- Mobile application development using PhoneGap with jQuery Mobile and Eclipse.
- T-Time – Pulls MBTA transit feeds to display arrival/departure time for Red, Blue and Orange subway lines.
- CRM and Lead tracking application using CakePHP/MVC framework.
- Amazon Web Services – EC2, creating and deploying LAMP stack for application development and testing.
Technologies Used Include (development)
MySQL, Sqlite, MS Access
Visual Studio, SharpDevelop, Notepad++, Eclipse
PhoneGap, CakePHP, WordPress, .NET, Titanium
Apache 2, IIS