IT Director – Manager – Leader
- Hands-on IT Professional with 13+ years experience providing technology solutions and progressive leadership.
- Managed all operational day-to-day IT functions.
- Strong work ethic.
- Cross-functional IT skills.
- Enjoy working with others yet self-motivated and able to complete independent tasks.
- Effectively work and interact with all levels of personnel from Executive Management to interns.
- Driven and dedicated to providing quality technical service and IT direction.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical problem solving skills, yet open and flexible enough to recognize unique opportunities and provide creative business solutions.
- Continually strive to gain and maintain working knowledge of current and emerging technologies.
- Adaptive and able to shift gears utilizing cross-functional skills and experience.
- Planned, directed and managed one office space consolidation, and three office relocation / move projects. Coordinated space planners, building contractors, service providers, vendors and movers. Ensured that scheduling and installation of data circuits, voice service and IT services were completed and properly activated. Orchestrated hardware move and installation into new space, reactivating all internal systems and network services.
- Complete ground-up re-build of IT infrastructure: Cabling, New Desktops and Servers, New Switches with POE, new converged VoIP and Communications Platform, Network Segmentation and VLAN Priority supporting VoIP applications, layered security with traffic and email filtering, centrally managed virus and malware protection for desktops and servers.
2000 – 2002: Web Master / Developer
2002 – 2006: Director of IT
2006 – 2010: CIO
2010 – Present: Vice President / CIO
- Partnered with owner and C level Executives (CEO, COO, CFO) to help shape and define business strategy and planning in areas of Technology, Finance, Services, Operations, Administration, Sales and Client Solutions.
- Provided a supporting role in Finance and AP
- Recommended improvements, enhancements or new approaches to business processes and
- Developed Internet and lead generation strategies including web design/development, SEO, and Content development, integrating CRM and Lead Generation Process and Automation
- Directed and managed website and online properties including Social Media accounts
- Established successful relationships and worked closely with IT vendors to evaluate and qualify service needs, negotiate licensing and contract terms.
- Qualified and executed selected open source solutions and virtualization reducing IT operating expenses.
- Successfully managed and serviced all network hardware, software and services including routers and POE switches, firewall and security gateways, content filtering, Remote Access and VPN Services, Windows Servers with Exchange and Active Directory, Linux Servers and Windows Desktops.
- Successfully engineered and developed internal applications, utilities and tools to simplify and efficiently complete routine tasks and support critical business needs improving productivity and workflow process.
- Managed infrastructure and network operations – monitoring, troubleshooting, updates/upgrades, etc.
- Lead individual and group training for employees providing guidance, tips, and usage for hardware, software, web applications, and technology related services.
Windows and Linux Server administration and support. Mac OS X, Windows Desktop administration and support. LAN / WAN. Network hardware (routers, switches, firewalls, gateways). IP Voice Platform (Mitel). Exchange Server. Oracle VirtualBox. Remote Office/mobile worker VPN.
CakePHP, WordPress and Theme development
Visual Studio, SharpDevelop
Microsoft Office , LibreOffice, Google Apps,
CRM, Online Marketing and Lead Generation Tactics, SEO, Social Media